Sunday, February 17, 2013

dammit dammit dammit

I had kind of a crap day in terms of eating. Everything was going great: I pre-planned and pre-tracked all my food. Had a good breakfast and was able to resist when one of my coworker brought in a big old box of Bojangle's chicken biscuits. Just as I cleared that road bump, a patient's family brought us a 3-lb box of handmade chocolates. I mean, I had to try one. I KNEW better, I KNEW that once I started I wouldn't stop, but I HAD to try one. And it was a chocolate covered toffee and those are my favorite and it was delicious. So I tried one more and by chance it was peanut butter, also my favorite. And then I tried another, a coconut, meh, so I needed one more to end with a good one, etc etc. I think I probably ate six. That was stupid. Lesson learned...question mark?
I beat myself up about it for the better part of the afternoon and then I came home and made a big bowl of sauteed vegetables and one single solitary weighed-out serving of whole grain pasta. Now I feel full and pretty good. Also, I had a tiny 7 oz Coors Light sort of as a joke but man, that tasted  better than I expected. I tracked it all. I'm moving forward.
The plan for tomorrow: early treadmill workout (and by "early" I mean whenever I wake up, sans alarm, because it's my day off). I'm going to try working out on an empty stomach and see if that alleviates the mid-run desire to barf. Then later I'm planning on hitting Sync Studio to check out their yoga situation. I haven't done yoga in years but I used to be able to handle some pretty legit chaturanga and I've been wanting to rediscover it. Will I really do a two-a-day tomorrow? It's unprecedented.


No comments:

Post a Comment