Monday, February 25, 2013

A moderately attractive human.

Good news, you guys. Today, for the first day in oh, say, maybe a year or maybe more, I felt like a normal-sized, moderately-attractive human. It was partly because I finally bought a pair (why did I only buy one pair?) of scrubs that fit properly. And it should be noted that I didn't realize how BIG my size XXL scrubs were on me (and how big a size XXL is in general) until I tried on a size XL and they were still too big and then I tried on a size L and they fit...


So I didn't feel dumpy and frumpy at work like usual. It put an extra spring in my step. Even in scrubs with my hair in a bun, I felt reasonable pretty. It was hard to believe. 

I know with my logical brain that I've lost all this weight but I didn't really feel all that much smaller. Until the past week or so when I've just...shrank. Like the inches caught up with the pounds. Everything is suddenly a little bit tighter and more compact. Well, except my boobs. They will never be compact, I fear. 

Seriously though, it felt good to look in the mirror and finally, finally, not see a XXL person. I just feel regular. Regular feels pretty good. 

So guess who's going to the gym after work tomorrow? I am. Seriously, ask me tomorrow night if I did it. I'm going to say yes. I'm packing my gym bag as soon as I finish this glass of wine. 

1 comment:

  1. "Well, except my boobs. They will never be compact, I fear. "....fav

    ReplyDelete