Sunday, February 24, 2013

5 miles!

It has been a great, great weekend. I rolled myself out of bed yesterday morning for a Weight Watchers meeting. Lost 2 lbs. My grand total is 28 lbs since November. I'm so proud of that. I feel like I've found my groove to keep moving forward.

After that, I headed home for a little breakfast, ran back out for a couple of errands, and then to a 12:15 yoga class. We focused on balance, which was a very relevant theme for me. At the end of the class, we were doing like a three-minute shoulder stand, and the teacher turned on "Closer to Fine" by the Indigo Girls, and tears came to my eyes, because you guys, I just really love that I'm doing yoga again and I REALLY love that song. It was a really nice class.

I had dinner and a beer with friends last night and that looked like this:


One glass of sangria and one beer only, because today I had a five mile mission. I was nervous but I knew I could do it. I downloaded Pitch Perfect on my phone to distract me, hopped on the treadmill, and I just powered through. Before I knew it, I was done.




I took a picture to commemorate the longest distance I've ever traveled on foot (well, on treadmill) to date:


Don't mind my face, I was actually SO THRILLED and felt completely victorious.

I spent the afternoon debating whether I would go back to yoga this evening, but I was really spent, and starving, and starting to get sore in my hammies already. So I didn't go. Instead I got some errands done- bought new pillows (mine were so lumpy), grocery shopped, did some laundry. Then, because I wanted to feel like a real live healthy living blogger, I went to Whole Foods for dinner. 

Looking forward to a busy week. I'm going to try, I mean really try, to get in a run at least one day after work. I really want to conquer my aversion to working out after work. If I can get one or two runs in that way, that will free me up to go to yoga classes during my time off. I've got clean sheets on my bed, a fridge full of healthy food, and I'm so ready to conquer the week. 






2 comments:

  1. I love that song! Perfect for a long shoulder stand. Was this another David class? Because I forgot he used to always end our classes with a super long shoulder stand.

    You may have lost 28 lbs., but I can still tell you have a fat heart. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, super long pigeon followed by super long shoulder stand. I guess that's a David trademark.

    And I'll always have a fat heart.

    ReplyDelete