Tuesday, February 5, 2013

A little bit sick

I wend to bed last night with a little bit of a scratchy throat and woke up this morning with moderate congestion and a headache. This respiratory stuff has been going around for weeks and I know I'm surprised I avoided it this long. I don't feel too terrible, but I have such a hard time making healthy choices when I don't feel well. I just don't want a big plate of veggies when I feel sick. And lord knows I'll use any excuse not to go to the gym, and today "I don't feel good and I need to save my energy for three work days in a row" seems like an ironclad excuse. And yet I know that making excuses and justifying bad decisions is what go me here in the first place! I don't know why it sometimes feels like I can't get out of the self-sabotage cycle.

On my training plan today: Run 3/Walk 2, repeat x40 minutes. If I don't do it today, I'm going to have to do it after work tomorrow. I have never in history gone to the gym after work as I usually don't get off until 7:45 or so and rarely get home before 8 p.m. I also might feel worse tomorrow. Sigh...if only I spent the same energy on my workouts as I do anticipating them and feeling anxious about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment