Thursday, February 7, 2013

A few rotten days

It has not been a great week since I hit my 10% goal. First, I'm battling this steadily escalating sinus/cold/aches/chills thing. Feeling like trash means I haven't hit the gym since Sunday and I haven't been eating on plan- healthy food are so unappealing to me when I don't feel well. Yesterday I jumped at the chance for a last minute dinner with a friend I wanted to catch up with, and we had some sushi and wine- definitely not the worst choice I could have made, but not the greatest. I also have to admit that I wasn't as responsible with my grocery money as I could have been, and I didn't really have any grab-and-go choices for breakfasts and lunches in the fridge. It all added up to this: I caught myself today trying to justify skipping a weigh in on Saturday.

I like to think that this is all due to a perfect storm of stress and sickness but I can't help but wonder if this is my good old friend self-sabotage creeping in through the back door. This is a critical place I've reached: where I've had quantifiable success and I have to decide whether I'm going to strive for more or rest on my laurels.

I choose MORE.

The plan for tomorrow is oatmeal for breakfast, eggplant parmesan and turkey meatballs for lunch, and chicken noodle soup for dinner. I might get to the gym after work if I can breathe by then, even if just for a walk. I have to wake up tomorrow and choose to follow my plan. And for tonight, well, I'm staying out of the kitchen. In fact, I'm already tucked into bed. All is not lost; a good night's sleep and a good plan for tomorrow, and I'm feeling more in control already.

No comments:

Post a Comment