Friday, March 1, 2013

Legit chest sweat

I haven't done much today besides knock out 4 miles on the treadmill. I guess I better come clean about how ridiculously slow I am: running and walking, my pace averaged about 13:30. I'm not ashamed of that. I'm just starting out, I'm still carrying alot of extra bodyweight, and running is hard. A mile's a mile. Slow is the new fast. Etc. When I was done, I had some crazy chest sweat:


The chest sweat made me feel LEGIT until it occurred to be that maybe it's gross and I should feel embarrassed? 

This picture is a good example of something I'm noticing lately. When I was at my heaviest, it's striking in pictures how much smaller my eyes and smile looked, because my cheeks and chins were crowding my features. One of my weight loss turning points was realizing that not even my face was pretty anymore. That was when I started hiding from cameras. It's why there are almost no pictures of me on facebook, not even just my face, from the year 2012. But now my face is starting to look proportional again. I used to joke that the reason I don't have any wrinkles is because I have a layer of subcutaneous fat. Sometimes I wonder if I'll start to age when my face starts to thin down. But then I remember I'd rather be wrinkled than fat. 

I'm weighing in tomorrow and there's no reason it shouldn't be good news, unless my hard workouts and sore muscles this week cause me to retain a little water. Either way I won't be upset because I know I've done great this week and if I go up or stay the same, it'll just be for some silly reason. If I keep doing what I'm supposed to be doing, it will all come out right in the end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment